Curse of the Crimson Throne
The Hinterlands and Abroad
As the largest city-state of Varisia, Korvosa’s territory extends far beyond its city walls, from the Mindspin Mountains to the east to the shores of Lake Syrantula in the west and all the way north to the border of the Shoanti Cinderlands. Korvosa also maintains relations with neighbors near and far, especially its estranged motherland of Cheliax.
- Abken: a commune of peace-loving, drug-growing riff-raff in Korvosa’s northern hinterland.
- Harse: a village north of Korvosa that serves as an important crossroads for trade. Presently the hiding place of Trinia Sabor.
- Sirathu: the poorest and farthest removed of Korvosa’s holdings, it is home to an oracle of Pharasma.
- Veldraine: a port town east of Korvosa, perched at the mouth of Conqueror’s Bay, it serves as the headquarters for the Korvosan Navy.
- The Hold of Belkzen: a lawless wasteland far to the northeast ruled by feuding tribes of Orcs.
- Cheliax: the former colonial overlords of Korvosa and the city’s largest trading partner.
- The Padishah Empire of Kelesh: a vast realm in the eastern continent of Casmaron, this distant land has little contact with Korvosa.
- Lands of the Linnorm Kings: a harsh and frigid land far to the north, home to the Skald-speaking Ulfen people.
- Lastwall: a besieged realm caught between the hordes of Belkzen to the west and the restless dead of Ustalav to the east.
- Nidal: a shadow-shrouded theocracy dedicated to the dark god Zon-Kuthon, it is a close ally of Cheliax and sits on Korvosa’s southern border.
- Thassilon: an ancient and sinister empire that once controlled much of Varisia thousands of years ago, its ruins continue to litter the landscape.
- Ustalav: a haunted land far to the east of Varisia, it was once the domain of the lich lord known as the Whispering Tyrant and his minions continue to stalk the dark alleys and deep woods.
- Varisia: a frontier region in the northwest corner of the continent of Avistan, several cities dot its coasts while its interior is only loosely mapped.
- The Impossible Kingdoms of Vudra: A strange land on a continent far to the east of Varisia, it has a surprising amount of trade with Korvosa thanks to the cargo ships of House Arkona.
The Outer Planes
- Abaddon: The desolate home plane of the daemons.
- The Abyss: The swirling maelstrom where demons spawn.
- The Nine Hells: The pit where devils dwell.