Curse of the Crimson Throne
There are a number of influential groups within the city but not directly under the control of the Korvosan government or any of the temples.
- Acadamae: This world-renowned university of the arcane arts is practically a city unto itself. Shielded from the rest of Korvosa by high black marble walls, it is open to the public only once per year during the Breaching festival.
- Bekyar Nation: Slavers from southern Garund, the Bekyar are rumored to have extended their foul trade as far north as Korvosa
- Brackwater Circle: A cabal of bitter and almost feral druids who frequent the waterfront of Korvosa’s West Dock, where they act as nuisances and scoundrels. They have also recently begun protesting the city’s finest restaurant, the Posh and Turtle.
- Cerulean Society: Korvosa’s official thieves’ guild, charged with regulating crime in the city through a carefully-managed protection racket.
- Cow Hammer Boys: A small gang of deserters from the Korvosan Guard, they operated a secret murder-for-hire business out of All the World’s Meat. They were ultimately broken up by the party.
- The Crimson Blades: Five adventurers of diverse backgrounds, the party has assisted the Korvosan Guard on numerous occasions in the ongoing struggle to keep the city from sliding into anarchy.
- Cult of Urgathoa: A secret conclave of Urgathoa worshipers is operating in Korvosa, pursuing some sinister mission under the direction of the mysterious Lady Andaisin.
- The Iron Fists: An order of Vudran warrior monks that arrived in the city a few years ago and have been working as mercenaries ever since. The party put all but one of them to the sword.
- Queen’s Physicians: A cadre of Korvosa’s finest healers, handpicked by Dr. Davaulus and tasked by the Queen with combating the plague.
- Rat’s Teat Boys: A gang of wererats that controls a section of the sewers and vaults beneath Korvosa.
- The Red Mantis: A cabal of assassins involved in the Blood Veil plot.
- The Sczarni: The Varisian ethnic mafia, they control the Varisian community of Trail’s End and are trying to make inroads against the Cerulean Society in greater Korvosa.